pendragon.co.uk – the Pendragon “brochure” website which contains corporate information about our business and marketing literature for our main product, Perspective.
perspective.info – our Perspective Web App which is a subscriber-only library of legal and regulatory documents.
Measures to support accessibility
Pendragon takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of our websites:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Our goal is to meet and exceed WCAG 2.1 Level AA. We also aim to ensure Voiceover/Narrator screen-readers are fully supported and function as intended.
Currently only our Pendragon “brochure” website (www.pendragon.co.uk) is conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA and fully supports a screen reader.
Our Perspective Web App (perspective.info) is non-conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA and does not fully support a screen reader. Non conformant means that the content does not conform to the accessibility standard. We have identified (below) the areas where the application does not conform and aim to correct these and be conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA by September 2022, or sooner.
We have a steering group across our parent group, Wilmington Group PLC, dedicated to promoting accessibility. We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Pendragon websites. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on either our Pendragon “brochure” website or our Perspective Web App.
We aim to respond to feedback within 2-3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our Pendragon websites are designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Modern Chromium-based browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge) with Voiceover on MacOS or Narrator on Microsoft Windows.
Our websites are not compatible with:
- Older and out-of-support browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge Legacy.
Accessibility of our websites relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of our websites, there are some known limitations and potential solutions, listed below. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed.
We aim to correct these to support screen-readers, and be conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA by September 2022, or sooner.
Known limitations for our Pendragon “brochure” website (www.pendragon.co.uk):
Known limitations for our Perspective Web App (perspective.info):
- Definition links within documents: Colour contrast of definition links within documents do not meet WCAG 2.1 AA standards. This is because colours were selected that contrasted with other elements but do not have enough contrast against the background. We are in the process of selecting slightly different colours. In the meantime, if the colour contrast is not sufficient, copy and paste the text into a text editor to read it.
- Chapters and paragraph references within Table of Contents: Colour contrast of chapters and paragraph references within Table of Contents of individual documents do not meet WCAG 2.1 AA standards. Colours were selected that contrasted with other elements but do not have enough contrast against the background. We are in the process of selecting slightly different colours. In the meantime, if the colour contrast is not sufficient, copy and paste the text into a text editor to read it.
- Form elements: Form field labels do not have linked labels. Form field labels are text fields above each form element. If using a screen reader, navigating backwards means text fields may sound like they reference different form fields. We are changing the fields to include labels. In the meantime, only enter information in a form from the top down if using a screen reader.
Pendragon assessed the accessibility of our websites through self-evaluation using in-house expertise and off-the-shelf tools.
For formal complaints, please contact the Wilmington Accessibility Steering Group via email on email@example.com.