Are you a graduate looking for your first role in publishing? Do you have a great eye for detail and enjoy working to deadlines?
We have an exciting opportunity to join Pendragon as part of our editorial team. Full training will be provided.
Pendragon (part of Wilmington Intelligence) is a specialist information company that publishes Perspective, the highly acclaimed electronic information service of choice for the UK pensions industry.
Main Purpose of Role
An opportunity has arisen to join Pendragon as a Legal Sub-editor. As the successful candidate, you will be working as part of the editorial team producing accurate and up-to-date information for inclusion on Perspective.
Your main duties in this role will involve:
- Editing and proofreading documents in preparation for their inclusion on Perspective
- Applying legislative amendments, linking defined words or phrases to their definitions, writing editorial notes and employing other editorial techniques which are all designed to ensure that the highest levels of added value are applied to our documents
- Utilising a variety of software packages (particular emphasis on working in SGML)
- You will be working with a wide range of source materials, including primary and secondary legislation, regulatory texts, full texts of judgments contained in UK and foreign law reports, Government consultations and many other materials which are of relevance to UK pensions professionals
- Identifying relevant news stories and surveys and summarising them into concise and easily readable abstracts for Perspective’s popular daily news service
- Quality control and checking your own work and also that of colleagues
- Providing assistance to our clients through a variety of communication tools
Additionally, you will be delivering Perspective training sessions that we offer our clients; these sessions will either be delivered digitally or face-to-face, and might involve travel within the United Kingdom.
Finally, as someone who will be using Perspective on a daily basis, you will also be involved in the continuing development of the service, for example by helping to test new features before their release to clients.
Skills and Experience Required
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes…
We know it’s not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role’s location by the start of their employment.
You will also need:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Comfortable dealing with a wide range of legal and other formal documents, and able to effectively analyse the structure of such documents
- Methodical with high levels of concentration
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to present confidently to a group
- Responds well to pressure and motivated to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude
- Excellent command of English, verbally and in writing
- A degree level education is highly desirable
Wherever you are in your career and whatever your expertise, we look for people who:
- are passionate about providing high quality solutions to our customers
- love varied work that plays to their strengths while helping them develop
- want to work together to learn, grow and achieve common goals
- are excited to be part of a diverse and unique global community
- who want to be recognised for the unique talents, experiences and insights they bring to Wilmington.
If this sounds interesting to you then we are waiting to hear from you.
Please send a covering letter with your CV by 30/06/23 to email@example.com explaining why the role is of interest to you and why you think you are suitable for it.
Before you go….
We are Wilmington plc
Wilmington plc is a portfolio made up of a specialist brands providing custom solutions to customers across the globe from over 10 different offices. We provide a wide range of products including specialist information and data, and high quality training and education, to help professionals manage Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) and Regulatory Compliance challenges. Find out more about our core purpose and how we help our customers do the right business in the right way.
Our two divisions, Intelligence and Training & Education, are underpinned by the work of experts in their field, including data and technology specialists and highly skilled practitioners who deliver our training and education solutions.
Our ambition is to have the best people work with us at Wilmington, delivering their best work because we care about them, include them and empower them. We will support you, develop you and recognise you.
Why join us?
We are a dynamic business, providing a huge number of products to a wide range of customers. We understand the power of diversity, and we celebrate the innovation and creativity that can be achieved through our own unique experiences, knowledge, and perspectives. We love to build teams that showcase our individuality and creativity, building our positive culture across our organisation.
Our work provides variety, development and the opportunity to be part of a community of over 700 colleagues in 8 countries worldwide. Our environment is encouraging, supportive, and committed to individual, business and team growth; one where people love to join and make an impact. We embrace new ideas and fresh thinking, we overcome challenges together, and we rely on each other to bring innovation to life. At Wilmington, we work hard to help each other grow and succeed.
What do we offer?
Joining Wilmington means you’ll be part of a dedicated team, committed to providing high quality services and support to our customers. Our people are empowered to learn and develop themselves, and being part of our team, we provide the opportunities for you to grow.
We offer a great core benefits package which includes performance related bonus, pension and life assurance. We also offer a flexible benefits package so you can tailor your benefits to suit you ie additional holiday purchase, healthcare, subsidised gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discount vouchers.
We have a hybrid working framework that balances flexible working with providing the space for collaboration and learning from each other.
We care about the physical and mental health of all our colleagues. We provide an extensive range of wellbeing resources so that everyone feels supported, and has the best opportunity to do their best work.